How to Buy Travel Insurance
Ever wonder how to buy travel insurance? Travel agents, airlines, and cruise lines are not the only way to buy international travel insurance online.
You can buy trip insurance online at travel insurance marketplaces, too. They allow you to shop for different policies in one place and find the best one that fits your needs.
But, don’t worry. Buying travel insurance is easy.
Use a Travel Insurance Marketplace
The first step in purchasing travel insurance online is to visit a marketplace like AARDY and get a quote.
Just answer a few simple questions:
- Where are you going?
- When are you going?
- How much will your trip cost? Tip: only enter the cost of prepaid, non-refundable travel arrangements
- When did you first pay your deposit or payment?
- What is your residence state?
- What are the ages of the travelers? Tip: enter your age today, not your age during the trip
Can I Buy Travel Insurance for Multiple Countries?
Yes. All travel insurance policies cover you globally, so you will have coverage everywhere you go.
Select the country where you will spend most of the time. If you will spend equal time in all, just pick the one farthest from home.
For a cruise, choose one of the ports.
What Type of Travel Insurance Do I Need?
Now that you have a list of quotes and trip insurance options, the second step is to find the right type of policy for your circumstances.
- Do you need cancellation protection?
- Will you need medical insurance or medical evacuation away from home?
- Are you concerned you may need to cancel for any reason?
- Do you have pre-existing conditions?
These are all important questions, and the answers can lead you to different policies.
Picking the right policy can be challenging. At AARDY, we ask these questions because not all policies are the same.
For example, some cover hurricanes better than others. In fact, some policies now include cancellation if your pet dog or cat is sick or injured and requires you to cancel the trip. In the past, you would have needed cancel for any reason insurance for pet cancellations.
How Do I Choose a Travel Insurance Plan?
Don’t just choose a plan based on price. Look at the travel insurance certificate before you buy to review coverage. You will see a benefits summary and a list of covered cancellation and interruption reasons.
How Far In Advance Should I Buy Travel Insurance?
Most trip insurance plans include Time Sensitive Benefits that only activate if you buy within 10 to 21 days of your initial deposit or payment date.
Some of these bonus benefits include:
- Pre-existing medical condition coverage (applies to Cancellation, Interruption, and Medical Insurance)
- Protection if the airline, cruise line, etc. goes bankrupt
- Natural disaster or mandatory evacuation
- Natural disaster that makes your home or destination inaccessible or uninhabitable
- Cancel for any reason
- Interruption for any reason
You Can Purchase Trip Insurance Online
Online travel insurance marketplaces make it easy to compare and buy online. Just enter your trip info, compare and select a plan, and enter your contact info to check out.
Compare and buy travel insurance at AARDY Travel Insurance Marketplace.
You will always find the lowest prices at AARDY – we guarantee it. No one can sell the same policy for less, not even the insurer.