TII Worldwide Trip Protector Plus Travel Insurance
Travel Insured International is a partner of AARDY. We showcase the Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Plus.
Travel Insured International was founded in 1994, and is one of the USA’s leading travel insurance providers, offering the highest quality worldwide travel protection for over 20 years.
Located in Glastonbury, Connecticut, Travel Insured offers an array of travel insurance benefits including:
- Emergency Evacuation
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption Protection
- Medical Insurance
- Baggage Insurance
Also included in Travel Insured’s plans are non-insurance travel assistance services, which are provided by a partner assistance company.
Travel Insured provides 24/7 customer assistance, every day of the year.
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Plus
- Accident and Sickness Medical Expense is primary (pays for covered expenses without regard to other insurance or cover that you may have)
- Pre-existing Medical – you are eligible for Pre-existing Medical Conditions cover if you purchase the policy up to 21 days after your initial trip deposit, are medically able to travel at the time of purchase and insure the full non-refundable cost of your trip
- Broadest Trip Cancellation/Interruption protection
- Rental Car Damage included
- Travel Delay and Missed Connection
- Baggage Protection
- Travel Accident Protection
- 24/7 Customer Care and Expanded Travel Assistance
- Underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Benefits
Trip Cancellation Up to 100% Trip Cost*
Cancel for Any Reason** Up to 75% Trip Cost*
Trip Interruption Up to 150% Trip Cost*
Interrupt for Any Reason Up to 75% Trip Cost*
Reimbursement of Miles or Reward Points $250
Change Fee $250
Travel Delay $1,000 ($200/day - 6 hours)
Missed Connection $500 (3 hours)
Itinerary Change $500
Accident & Sickness Medical Expense $100,000
Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation $1,000,000
Accidental Death and Dismemberment - 24 Hour $10,000
Baggage & Personal Effects $1,000***
Baggage Delay $300 (12 hours)
Rental Car Damage $50,000
Optional AD&D (Air Flight Only) Up to the Limit Purchased
Optional Travel Benefits -Travel Delay $1,000 (For a total of $2,000)
Optional Travel Benefits - Missed Connection $500 (For a total of $1,000)
Optional Travel Benefits - Baggage/Personal Effects $1,000 (For a total of $2,000)
Optional Travel Benefits - Baggage Delay $300 (For a total of $600)
* Trip Cancellation and Interruption are up to the lesser of the Trip Cost paid or the limit of coverage for which benefits are requested and the appropriate plan cost has been paid. ** Policy must be purchased within 21 days of your initial trip deposit to be eligible for Cancel for Any Reason cover. *** Baggage and Personal Effects has a per article limit of $250. There is a combined maximum limit of $500 for valuables. Optional Coverage only applies when requested on the application and the appropriate additional plan cost has been paid. $0 Trip Cost means there is no cover for Trip Cancellation, Cancel for Any Reason, or Interrupt for Any Reason. Trip Interruption up to $1,000 return air only.
These are highlights of the benefits and cover in your plan. Please review your certificate for a full list of benefits and exclusions and limitations.
Reasons for Trip Cancellation
- Sickness (includes family)
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions
- Cancel for Any Reason
- Traffic Accident en Route to Departure
- Destination Evacuation
- Host Death/Hospitalization
- Felonious Assault
- Terrorist Attack
- School Year Extension
- Military Duty for National Disaster
- Jury Duty/Subpoena/Witness
- Attending Childbirth
- 50% Trip Missed Due to Missed Connection
- Job Loss
- NOAA Hurricane Warning at Destination
- Theft of Passports/Visas
- Injury (includes family)
- Death (includes family)
- Cancel for Work Reasons
- Home or Destination Uninhabitable
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Plus Non-Insurance Travel Assistance Services
- Medical or Legal Assistance
- ID/Credit Recovery Assistance
- Passport Replacement/Visa Information
- Lost Baggage Retrieval
- Prescription Drug/Eyeglass Replacement
- Business Concierge
- Concierge Service
- Non-Medical Emergency Evacuation
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do you just offer cancellation on its own? I don’t need anything else.
A: Several of our plans include trip cancellation. We don't currently offer a "cancellation-only" plan.
Q: Does the Rental Car Damage cover liability insurance?
A: Our Rental Car Damage coverage doesn’t cover liability but does cover damage to your rental car during the trip.
Q: Can I omit some of the coverage that I don’t need?
A: Our products are complete benefit packages, so coverage can’t be omitted. We do offer a line of products with varying benefits and limits and are confident one of our Worldwide Trip Protector plans will be the right fit for you.
Q: Can I increase the amount on the baggage?
A: Our Worldwide Trip Protector Plus plan offers the Travel Benefits Upgrade, which will double the coverage limits of your Baggage & Personal Effects, Missed Connection, Trip Delay, and Baggage Delay benefits.
Q: Is there an additional charge if the trip exceeds 30 days?
A: There is an additional $8 per-person, per-day charge if your trip is more than 30 days. This plan can be purchased for a maximum of 180 days.
Q: Can the policy information be mailed?
A: Yes, you can choose to have your policy information mailed or emailed. If you select email as your fulfillment method, your Confirmation of Benefits and Certificate of Insurance will be forwarded to your email address immediately after purchase.
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Plus Eligibility
- Available to U.S. residents of all ages.
- Purchase your plan within 21 days of your initial trip deposit to be eligible for Cancel for Any Reason cover.
- Maximum trip duration is 180 days.
Did You Know?
- Illness/accident suffered by you, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), non-traveling parent, spouse, child, domestic partner, or other family member (insured or uninsured) or your business partner included as medical reason for Trip Cancellation/Interruption and within Pre-existing Medical Conditions protection.
- If your insured travel companion cancels for a covered reason, you can either cancel as well or, if applicable, receive reimbursement for higher per-person trip cost.
- Travel Assistance services include Hospital Admission Guarantee, with advance payment if required.
- Because an early and unexpected return home in addition to your lost expenses can cost more than your original trip, Trip Interruption for this plan covers up to 150% of trip cost.
- Travel Insured International's underwriter for this plan, United States Fire Insurance Company, maintains an A (Excellent) A.M. Best 2013 rating.
- Travel Insured International maintains an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Plus Additional Information
Travel Insured International will provide you with a complete Plan Document upon purchase of the plan.
As always, at AARDY we recommend that travelers consider travel insurance. You can get an anonymous quote in seconds, and compare dozens of the top travel plans from many of the largest US travel insurers, saving you time and money finding the right travel plan for your needs.
What many people do not know is that they won’t find the same trip insurance plans available at a better price – all down to price certainty anti-discriminatory law in the US.
Travel Insurance Comparison – Will I Pay More Buying Travel Insurance from a Comparison Website?
In short – the price of a trip insurance quote for an insurance plan that you see from AARDY is the same price you would see from the insurance carrier direct – we are not allowed to compete on price for ‘filed’ insurance products. No one is. You are certain to get best value from us.