Last Updated: March 25, 2016
- this website ("the Site") by means of the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the "Apps"), through our social media pages and related Apps (our "Social Media Pages") (collectively, including the Site, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, referred to as the "AARDY.com On-line Services"); and
- other means (for example, from your application and claim forms, telephone calls, e-mails and other communications with us, as well as from claim investigators, medical professionals, witnesses or other third parties involved in our business dealings with you).
- 1. Who To Contact About Your Personal Information
- 2. Personal Information That We Collect
- 3. How We Use Personal Information
- 4. International Transfer of Personal
- 5. Sharing of Personal Information
- 6. Security
- 7. Personal Information of Other Individuals
- 8. Marketing Preferences
- 9. Social Security Numbers
- 10. Questions and Concerns
- 11. Other Information We Collect Through our aardy.com On-line Services
- 12. Third Party Privacy Practices
- 13. Use of Services by Minors
- 14. Changes to This Privacy
1. Who To Contact About Your Personal Information
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Information you can e-mail info@AardvarkInsure.com
2. Personal Information That We Collect
Depending on your relationship with us Personal Information collected about you and your dependents may include:
- General identification and contact information
Your name; address; e-mail and telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date of birth; passwords on our systems; educational background; physical attributes; activity records, such as driving records; photos; employment history, skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; relationship to the policyholder, insured or claimant; and date and cause of death, injury or disability.
- Identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies
Social Security or national insurance number; passport number; tax identification number; military identification number; or driver’s or other license number.
- Financial information and account details
Payment card number; bank account or other financial account number and account details; credit history and credit score; assets; income; and other financial information.
- Medical condition and health status
Current or former physical or mental or medical condition; health status; injury or disability information; medical procedures performed; personal habits (for example, smoking or consumption of alcohol); prescription information; and medical history.
- Other sensitive information
In certain cases, we may receive sensitive information about you for example, if you apply for insurance through a third party marketing partner that is a professional, trade, political, religious or community organization. In addition, we may obtain information about your criminal record or civil litigation history in the process of preventing, detecting and investigating fraud. We may also obtain sensitive information if you voluntarily provide it to us (for example, if you express preferences regarding medical treatment based on your religious beliefs).
- Telephone recordings
Recordings of telephone calls to our representatives and partners and call centers.
- Photographs and video recordings
Photographs or video recordings created in connection with our insurance partners or other business activities, including for claims assessment, processing, settlement, and disputes, or for other relevant purposes as permitted by law.
- Information to investigate or prevent crime, including fraud and money laundering
For example, insurers commonly share information about their previous dealings with policyholders and claimants for this purpose.
- Information enabling us to provide products and services
Location and identification of property insured (for example, property address, vehicle license plate or identification number); travel plans; age categories of individuals you wish to insure; policy and claim numbers; coverage/peril details; cause of loss; prior accident or loss history; your status as director or partner, or other ownership or management interest in an organization; and other insurance you hold.
- Marketing preferences and customer feedback
You may let us know your marketing preferences, enter a contest or prize draw or other sales promotion, or respond to a voluntary customer satisfaction survey.
- Social media account and information from Apps
We may receive certain Personal Information about you when you use our Apps or Social Media Pages, including your social media account ID and profile picture. If you elect to connect any of your other social media accounts to your account(s) on the aardy.com On-line Services, Personal Information from your other social media account(s) will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of you profile relating to those accounts or your friends’ profiles.
3. How We Use Personal Information
We and / or our insurance Partners will use this Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, our aardy.com On-line Services and other administrative information.
- Make decisions about whether to provide insurance and assistance services, and other products and services which we offer, and provide such products and services, including claim assessment, processing and settlement; and, where applicable, manage claim disputes.
- Assess your eligibility for payment plans, and process your premium and other payments.
- Provide improved quality, training and security (for example, with respect to recorded or monitored phone calls to our contact numbers).
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and analyze and manage other commercial risks.
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed.
- Personalize your experience when using our aardy.com On-line Services by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you.
- Identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through any of the aardy.com On-line Services.
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully.
- Facilitate social sharing functionality.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; data analytics; business continuity; and records, document and print management.
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
4. International Transfer of Personal Information
5. Sharing of Personal Information
aardy.com may make Personal Information available to:
- Our group companies
Other aardy.com group companies may have access to and use of Personal Information in connection with the conduct of our business where appropriate.
- Our insurance and distribution partners
In the course of marketing and providing insurance and processing claims, aardy.com and our insurance partners may make Personal Information available to third parties such as other insurers; reinsurers; insurance and reinsurance brokers and other intermediaries and agents; appointed representatives; distributors; affinity marketing partners; and financial institutions, securities firms and other business partners.
- Our service providers
External third-party service providers, such as medical professionals, accountants, actuaries, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; travel and medical assistance providers; call center service providers; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; banks and financial institutions that service our accounts; third-party claim administrators; document and records management providers; claim investigators and adjusters; construction consultants; engineers; examiners; jury consultants; translators; and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
- Recipients of your social sharing activity
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
aardy.com may also share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- Other Third Parties
We may share Personal Information with payees; emergency providers (fire, police and medical emergency services); retailers; medical networks, organizations and providers; travel carriers; credit bureaus; credit reporting agencies; and other people involved in an incident that is the subject of a claim; as well as purchasers and prospective purchasers or other parties in any actual or proposed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other transaction relating to all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
Personal Information may also be shared by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages and Apps). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors who access the aardy.com On-line Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the aardy.com On-line Services.
aardy.com will take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Information you might have with us or with our insurance partners has been compromised), please immediately notify us. (See the "Who to Contact About Your Personal Information" section above.)
When aardy.com provides Personal Information to a service provider, the service provider will be selected carefully and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Information.
If we believe the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail.
7. Personal Information of Other Individuals
8. Marketing Preferences
We will provide you with regular opportunities to tell us your marketing preferences, including in our communications to you. You can also contact us by e-mail at email@example.com to tell us your marketing preferences and to opt out.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from aardy.com on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking on the link to "unsubscribe" provided in each e-mail or by contacting us at the above addresses. We will endeavor to comply with your opt-out request(s) within a reasonable time period. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to those to whom we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date on which we respond to your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you other important administrative communications from which you cannot opt out.
9. Social Security Numbers
It is aardy.com’s policy to protect customer and employee Social Security Numbers that we and /or our insurance partners may collect in the course of our business as confidential. This includes maintaining physical and electronic security procedures to guard against unauthorized access to Social Security Numbers. We also limit access to Social Security Numbers, by among other means, only granting access to Social Security Numbers to our employees who use that information to perform their job-related duties. In addition, we do not disclose Social Security Numbers to third parties, except where required or permitted by law.
10. Questions and Concerns
Please contact us as set out in the "Who to Contact About Your Personal Information" section above with any such requests or if you have any questions or concerns about how we process Personal Information.
11. Other Information We Collect Through our aardy.com On-line Services
"Other Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser and device information;
- App usage data;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you; and
- Aggregated information
How We Collect Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most websites or automatically through your device, such as your IP address (i.e., your computer’s address on the internet), screen resolution, operating system type (Windows or Mac) and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version, time of the visit, page(s) visited and the name and version of the aardy.com On-line Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the aardy.com On-line Services function properly.
- Through your use of the App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using cookies; online tracking: Third parties may collect information about your use of the aardy.com On-line Services and your use of other websites or online services.
Below is a description of some of the cookies we and / or our insurance partners may use on the Site, what they do, what data about you they collect and what we may use them for:
- Geo Location cookie – When a visitor visits the Site for the first time we read their location from their IP address and use this information to assume the country site that they want to visit. This method is not entirely accurate, however, so when they navigate to a particular country site we use a cookie to store this information and to store the language that they chose to view the site. The next time they visit the Site we read the cookie and present the same country and language version they used on their last visit. This has the intended benefit that they don’t need to reselect the country site they need each time they visit an aardy.com site. No Personal Information is collected or used by the cookie.
- Site Catalyst cookie (by Adobe) – This cookie enables us to collect and analyze data about how visitors arrive at the Site and then how they interact with the Site, including products they may search, content they may view, and the steps leading up to a completed or abandoned sale. We use this aggregated information to adapt the Site to better serve their and other users’ needs and interests, and to provide more relevant and useful information. The cookie is placed on a visitor’s PC on a temporary basis only. The cookie does not collect or use their Personal Information. Instead, it logs an anonymous code which identifies users and this code "follows" the user in their journey through the Site. We use the aggregated and anonymous information for statistical analysis.
- DoubleClick cookies - We place a tracking pixel cookie on to all Site visitors’ computers for the purpose of our banner advertising activity. We use these cookies to know that a visitor has been on the Site before which allows us to display an appropriate banner ad on to an affiliated network website. No Personal Information is collected. One of the advertisement companies that we may use is Google, Inc, trading as DoubleClick. For more information on the DoubleClick cookie, or to opt out from the DoubleClick advertisement cookie please visit: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads/.
- Affiliate cookie – We may use a tracking pixel cookie, which is put on a visitor’s PC and collects only the transaction ID (which identifies the affiliated website the visitor has come from) and a time and date stamp. This enables our affiliate network partners to track affiliated sales and ensure an affiliate is credited for a sale referred to us. It does not involve any passing of Personal Information.
You can refuse to accept the cookies we use by adjusting your browser settings. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some aardy.com On-line Services and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of users of the aardy.com On-line Services and e-mail recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the aardy.com On-line Services and response rates.
- Using your Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- Using information provided by you: Some information (for example, your location or preferred means of communication) is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you.
- By aggregating information: We may aggregate and use certain information (for example, we may aggregate information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, or if we combine Other Information with Personal Information, then, in addition to the uses listed in the "Other Information We Collect" section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
12. Third Party Privacy Practices
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other software application developer or provider, social media platform, operating system or wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
13. Use of Services by Minors
The aardy.com On-line Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the aardy.com On-line Services.