TII Worldwide Trip Protector Travel Insurance
Travel Insured International is a partner of AARDY – we showcase the Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Insurance Plan.
Travel Insured International was founded in 1994, and is one of the USA’s leading travel insurance providers, offering the highest quality worldwide travel protection for over 20 years.
Located in Glastonbury, Connecticut, Travel Insured offers an array of travel insurance benefits including:
- Emergency Evacuation
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption Protection
- Medical Insurance
- Baggage Insurance
Also included in Travel Insured’s plans are non-insurance travel assistance services, which are provided by a partner assistance company.
Travel Insured provides 24/7 customer assistance, every day of the year.
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector
- Accident and Sickness Medical Expense coverage
- Medical Evacuation and Repatriation
- Pre-existing Medical – you are eligible for Pre-existing Medical Conditions coverage if you purchase the policy within 21 days after your initial trip deposit, are medically able to travel at the time of purchase and insure the full non-refundable cost of your trip
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Coverage
- Travel Delay and Missed Connection
- Baggage Protection and Travel Accident Protection
- 24/7 Customer Care and Travel Assistance
- Family Friendly – children aged 17 and under are insured at no extra charge when traveling with an insured related adult
- Underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company
Trip Cancellation Up to 100% Trip Cost*
Trip Interruption Up to 150% Trip Cost*
Travel Delay $1,000 ($200/day - 6 hours)
Reimbursement of Miles or Reward Points $250
Change Fee $250
Missed Connection $500 (3 hours)
Itinerary Change $500
Accident & Sickness Medical Expense $100,000
Emergency Medical Evacuation and Repatriation $1,000,000
Baggage & Personal Effects $1,000**
Baggage Delay $300 (12 hours)
Accidental Death and Dismemberment - 24 Hour $10,000
Optional AD&D (Air Flight Only) Up to the Limit Purchased
Optional Rental Car Damage $50,000
Optional Primary Coverage Upgrade Makes medical and baggage coverage primary
Optional Travel Benefits - Travel Delay $1,000 (For a total of $2,000)
Optional Travel Benefits - Missed Connection $500 (For a total of $1,000)
Optional Travel Benefits - Baggage/Personal Effects $1,000 (For a total of $2,000)
Optional Travel Benefits - Baggage Delay $300 (For a total of $600)
* Trip Cancellation and Interruption are up to the lesser of the Trip Cost paid or the limit of coverage for which benefits are requested and the appropriate plan cost has been paid. ** Baggage and Personal Effects has a per article limit of $250. There is a combined maximum limit of $500 for valuables. Optional Coverage only applies when requested on the application and the appropriate additional plan cost has been paid. $0 Trip Cost means there is no coverage for Trip Cancellation. Trip Interruption up to $500 return air only.
These are highlights of the benefits and cover in your plan. Please review your certificate for a full list of benefits and exclusions and limitations.
Reasons for Trip Cancellation
- Sickness (includes family)
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions
- Injury (includes family)
- Death (includes family)
- Traffic Accident en Route to Departure
- Host Death/Hospitalization
- Felonious Assault
- Terrorist Attack
- School Year Extension
- Home or Destination Uninhabitable
- Military Duty for National Disaster
- Jury Duty/Subpoena/Witness
- Attending Childbirth
- 50% Trip Missed Due to Missed Connection
- Job Loss
- Cancel for Work Reasons
- NOAA Hurricane Warning at Destination
- Theft of Passports/Visas
- Destination Evacuation
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Non-Insurance Travel Assistance Services
- Non-Medical Emergency Evacuation
- Medical or Legal Assistance
- Passport Replacement/Visa Information
- Lost Baggage Retrieval
- Prescription Drug/Eyeglass Replacement
- ID/Credit Recovery Assistance
- Business Concierge
- Concierge Service
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do you just offer cancellation on its own? I don’t need anything else.
A: Several of our plans include trip cancellation. We don't currently offer a "cancellation-only" plan.
Q: Does the rental car damage benefit cover liability insurance?
A: Our rental car damage benefit doesn’t cover liability but does cover damage to your rental car during the trip.
Q: Can I omit some of the coverage that I don’t need?
A: Our products are complete benefit packages. Coverage can’t be omitted. We do offer a line of products with varying benefits and limits and are confident one of our Worldwide Trip Protector plans will be the right fit for you.
Q: Can I increase the amount on the baggage?
A: Our Worldwide Trip Protector plan offers the Travel Benefits Upgrade, which will double the coverage limits of your Baggage & Personal Effects, Missed Connection, Travel Delay, and Baggage Delay benefits.
Q: Can the policy information be mailed?
A: Yes, you can choose to have your policy information mailed or emailed. If you select email as your fulfillment method your Confirmation of Benefits and Certificate of Insurance will be delivered to your email address immediately after purchase.
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Eligibility
- Available to U.S. residents of all ages.
- Maximum trip duration is 180 days.
Did You Know?
- All children aged 17 and under can be added to the policy of an individual insured related adult at no extra charge and benefit from full coverage.
- Illness/accident suffered by you, your traveling companion (insured or uninsured), non-traveling parent, spouse, child, domestic partner, or other family member (insured or uninsured) or your business partner included as medical reason for Trip Cancellation/Interruption and within Pre-existing Medical Conditions protection.
- If your insured travel companion cancels for a covered reason, you can either cancel as well or, if applicable, receive reimbursement for higher per-person trip cost.
- Travel Assistance services include Hospital Admission Guarantee, with advance payment if required.
- Because an early and unexpected return home in addition to your lost expenses can cost more than your original trip, Trip Interruption for this plan covers up to 150% of trip cost.
- Travel Insured International's underwriter for this plan, United States Fire Insurance Company, maintains an A (Excellent) A.M. Best 2013 rating.
- Travel Insured International maintains an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
Travel Insured International Worldwide Trip Protector Additional Information
Travel Insured International will provide you with a complete Plan Document upon purchase of the plan.
As always, at AARDY we recommend that a traveler consider travel insurance. You can get an anonymous quote in seconds, and compare dozens of the top travel plans from many of the largest US travel insurers, saving you time and money finding the right travel plan for your needs.
What many people do not know is that they won’t find the same trip insurance plans available at a better price – all down to price certainty anti-discriminatory law in the US. Travel Insurance Comparison – Will I Pay More Buying Travel Insurance from a Comparison Website?
In short – the price of a trip insurance quote for an insurance plan that you see from AARDY is the same price you would see from the insurance carrier direct – we are not allowed to compete on price for ‘filed’ insurance products. No one is. You are certain to get best value from us.